Rome, Florence, Siena, San Gimignano, Castellina in Chianti
Day 1 - Sunday - Rome
Upon arrival, you'll transfer to your hotel and have the balance of the day at leisure. Tonight, a welcome dinner at a local restaurant and an introduction to your tour escort. Overnight at Grand Hotel Beverly Hills or similar.
Day 2 - Monday - Rome
After breakfast, a tour of Rome including a visit to St. Peter's Basilica (inside) and a panoramic view from your coach of the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, and the Castle of St. Angelo. Afternoon, dinner and evening is at leisure (why not return to the Colossum for an inside look - you'll be surprised!) Overnight at hotel.
Day 3 - Tuesday - Rome to Florence
After breakfast, you'll depart for Florence, `Cradle of the Renaissance', across some of Italy's most beautiful regions including Lazio, Umbria and Tuscany before arriving in Florence at approximately noon. In the early afternoon a local guide will introduce you to Giotto's Bell Tower, Piazza Della Signoria, and many other timeless Florence highlights. Dinner and overnight at Hotel NH Anglo American or similar.
Day 4 - Wednesday - Florence to Siena, San Gimignano & Chianti
After breakfast, You'll meet your driver and head off on a full day guided tour. Crossing the rolling hills and vineyards of Chanti you'll arrive at the medieval hill town of San Gimignano, a UNESCO World Heritage Site famous for its multi-towers, incredible landscape views and world-famous white wine, Vernaccia. Time for shopping at leisure. Then on to spectacular Siena where lunch at leisure is followed by a city tour: the marvelous gothic Cathedral, the Torre del Mangia, the Duomo (outside), and the Piazza del Campo, site of the "Palio de Siena", a horse race between various city districts dated to 1656. Return to Florence for dinner and evening at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
Day 5 - Thurday - Florence
After breakfast your entire day and evening is free to explore the splendid city of Florence, bursting with art and monuments to Italy's multi-eras and civilizations. Fabulous shopping, the Uffizi Gallery, gorgeous restaurants, the Ponte Vecchio for gold and leather! Overnight at hotel.
Day 6 - Friday - Florence to Rome
Following breakfast, all services come to a close for both Tour Only guests and Air & Tour Package guests. The transfer from your hotel to the Santa Maria Novella Railway Station to board the Eurostar to Rome's Termini Rail Station is included. Transfers to Rome Fiumicino Airport are not included.
Air & Tour Package Guests:
Your airfare is valid for a total of 21 days without surcharge. If you plan to extend your stay in Italy, please speak to your travel agent before departure from Toronto regarding hotel accommodation, car rentals, and your return ALBATours operating flight.
|TOUR ONLY PACKAGE - 6 DAYS/5 NIGHTS
|Tour Start Date in Rome
|Jun 3, 10, 17
|May 6, 13, 20, 27
|Jul 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, Aug 5, 12, 19, Sep 23, 30
|Sep 2, 9, 16
|Tour commences in Rome at your hotel on Sunday.
|AIR & TOUR PACKAGE - 7 DAYS/5 NIGHTS
|Departure date from Toronto
|May 5, 12, 19, 26
|Jun 2, 9, 16
|Jun 30, Jul 7, 14, 21, 28, Aug 4, 11, 18
|Sep 1, 8, 15
|Sep 22, 29
|Departure from Toronto to Rome on Saturday. Tour commences in Rome at your hotel on Sunday.
|Rate are in CDN$, per person based on double occupancy. Airfare in your Air & Tour package is valid for 21 days without surcharge. Transportation taxes & surcharges add $476.76. Economy Class flights.
AIR & TOUR PACKAGE
- Best and lowest return airfare from Toronto to Rome (Fiumicino Airport)
- Transfer from Rome Airport to your hotel upon arrival*
- Transfer from Florence hotel to Santa Maria Novella Rail Station
- Reserved second-class rail ticket from Florence to Rome's Termini Rail Station
- Plus, Tour Package detailed below
*These transfers included when flights are with ALBATours on Alitalia
TOUR ONLY PACKAGE
- 5 nights accommodation in a four star hotel (all rooms have private bath or shower, as well as 2 singles or 1 double bed)
- Touring by deluxe air-conditioned coach
- Eurostar rail transfer from Florence to Rome
- Continental breakfast daily
- Two 3-course dinners (includes 1/4 litre of wine and 1/2 litre of mineral water)
- City tour of Rome on foot and by coach
- City tour of Florence on foot
- City tour of Siena on foot
- Visit to San Gimignano
- Services of a professional English-speaking escort and English-speaking local guides (day 1-day 3)
- Porterage of one piece of luggage per person at every hotel
- Hotel taxes, city tourist tax (where applicable), and service charges
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Items of a personal nature
- Entrance fees to museums, places of interest, optional excursions not specified in this itinerary and all other items not expressly mentioned
GRATUITIES NOT INCLUDED
- Tips to local guides, restaurant and hotel staff
- Tips to tour drivers, tour escort (suggested gratuities per person per day: Driver 3 Euros, Escort 3 Euros)