| 8 Day / 7 Night Coach Tour - 14 Meals
Rome, Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento, Isle of Capri, Montecassino, Roman Countryside, Rome
| Prices from $1899
Air & Tour Package
Click here for details
Day 1 - Sunday - Rome
Upon arrival, check into your hotel. Enjoy lunch and the afternoon at leisure. Tonight a welcome dinner at a local restaurant and an introduction to your tour escort. Overnight: Grand Hotel Beverly Hills or similar.
Day 2 - Monday - Rome
After breakfast your city tour begins featuring St. Peter's Basilica (inside) and a panoramic tour by coach includes sites from your coach such as the Lungotevere, Castle of St. Angelo and Trevi Fountain. Afternoon, evening and dinner is at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
Day 3 - Tuesday - Rome to Naples, Pompeii & Sorrento
After breakfast, we depart for Naples. A short drive across this famous city introduces us to Mergellina, Lungomare Caracciolo, Castel Dell’Ovo and il Maschio Angioino. Next, Pompeii, for a guided afternoon tour of the archaeological excavations of this Roman city, destroyed and buried by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 AD and rediscovered at the end of the 16th century. Then to Sorrento. Dinner & overnight at Hotel Conca Park or similar.
Day 4 Wednesday - Sorrento, Sorrento, with an excursion to Isle of Capri
After breakfast, transfer to the port for the ferry crossing to Capri, an island famous even in Roman times and the favourite vacation spot of Emperor Tiberius. Upon arrival, hop on the mini-bus or funicular to La Piazzetta. Lunch is at a local restaurant and there’s leisure time to explore. Return to Sorrento in the afternoon. Dinner & overnight at hotel.
Day 5 - Thursday - Sorrento
After breakfast, a wonderful day and evening at leisure to enjoy lunch, dinner and sightseeing at your own speed. Overnight at hotel .
Day 6 - Friday - Sorrento, Montecassino, Roman Countryside (Castelli Romani)
After breakfast you’ll head toward the Roman Countryside and the lovely small villages south of Rome known as Castelli Romani. There’s a stop at Montecassino, the largest WWII cemetery in Italy, containing over 4,200 grave markers, including those of 855 Canadian soldiers. Dinner and overnight at Hotel Villa Vecchia or similar.
Day 7 - Saturday - Roman Countryside (Castelli Romani)
A day amid the small villages of the Roman Countryside. Known as Castelli, the villages are popular holiday resorts enjoyed by both Italians and visitors for the landscape, art, local cuisine and good wine! You’ll visit Castelgandolfo and its palace (the summer residence of the Pope) and Lake Albano and Lake Nemi. Next, Grottaferrata and a visit to the Abbey. You’ll also enjoy wineries where wine tastings are accompanied by cheeses and cold meats. Dinner & overnight at hotel.
Day 8 - Sunday - Roman Countryside to Rome Airport
After an early breakfast, transfer to Rome Fiumicino Airport for your return flight to Toronto if flying with ALBATours on Alitalia.
|TOUR ONLY PACKAGE-8 DAYS/7 NIGHTS
Tour start date in Rome:
May 5, 19, Jun 2, 16, 30, Jul 7, 14, 21, 28
Aug 4, 11, 18, 25, Sep 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, Oct 6, 13
|Tour commences in Rome at your hotel on Sunday.
| AIR & TOUR PACKAGE - 9 DAYS/7 NIGHTS
Departure from Toronto to Rome on Saturday:
May 4, 18, Jun 1, 15, 29, Jul 6, 13, 20, 27
Aug 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, Sep 7, 14, 21, 28, Oct 5, 12
|Departure from Toronto to Rome on Saturday. Tour commences in Rome at your hotel on Sunday.
Airfare is included from Toronto and valid for duration of your Air & Tour package, without surcharge.
AIR & TOUR PACKAGE
- Best and lowest return airfare from Toronto to Rome (Fiumicino Airport)
- Transfer from Rome Airport to your hotel upon arrival*
- Transfer from Roman Countryside to Rome Airport for departure*
- Plus, Tour Package detailed below
*These transfers included when flights are with ALBATours on Alitalia
TOUR ONLY PACKAGE
- 7 nights accommodation in a four star hotel (all rooms have private bath or shower, as well as 2 singles or 1 double bed)
- Touring by deluxe air-conditioned coach
- Ferry crossing Sorrento/Capri/Sorrento
- Continental breakfast daily
- Five 3-course dinners (includes 1/4 litre of wine and 1/2 litre of mineral water)
- Lunch in Capri
- Wine tasting and light lunch in Roman Countryside
- City tour of Rome on foot and by coach
- Guided tour of the Pompeii excavations on foot
- Visit the Isle of Capri by ferry, on foot and by mini-bus or funicular
- Services of a professional English-speaking escort and English-speaking local guides (day 1-day 3)
- Porterage of one piece of luggage per person at every hotel
- Hotel taxes, city tourist tax (where applicable), and service charges
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Items of a personal nature
- Entrance fees to museums, places of interest, optional excursions not specified in this itinerary and all other items not expressly mentioned
GRATUITIES NOT INCLUDED
- Tips to local guides, restaurant and hotel staff
- Tips to tour drivers, tour escort (suggested gratuities per person per day: Driver 3 Euros, Escort 3 Euros)