| 8 Day / 7 Night Coach Tour - 14 Meals
Rome, Pompeii, Sorrento, Isle of Capri, Montecassino, Roman Countryside (Castelli Romani), Rome
| Prices from $1999
Air & Tour Package
Day 1 - FRIDAY - ROME
Upon arrival, check in at
your hotel. In the evening,
enjoy a welcome dinner where
you will also meet your tour escort.
Overnight at Grand Hotel Beverly
Hills ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ or similar.
Day 2 - SATURDAY -ROME
After breakfast your guided panoramic city tour begins, which includes views of classic sites such as Colosseum (outside), Lungotevere, Castle of St. Angelo, Trevi
Fountain and St. Peter¿s Basilica (outside). Afternoon is at leisure, to perhaps visit the Vatican Museums or tour inside Colosseum, on your own. Evening and dinner is at leisure.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 3 - SUNDAY - ROME TO POMPEII & SORRENTO
After breakfast, depart for Pompeii for a guided afternoon tour of the archaeological excavations of this Roman city, destroyed and buried by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 AD and rediscoveredat the end of the 16th century. Then on to Sorrento for dinner & overnight at Grand Hotel Vesuvio or similar.
Day 4 MONDAY - SORRENTO WITH AN EXCURSION TO ISLE OF CAPRI
After breakfast, transfer to the ferry and cross to the Isle of Capri, famous since Roman times and favourite vacation spot of the Emperor Tiberius. Arrive at the port of Marina Grande and take the funicular to La Piazzetta. Lunch is included and there¿s leisure time to explore. Return to Sorrento in the afternoon. Dinner & overnight at hotel.
Day 5 - TUESDAY - SORRENTO
Breakfast at the hotel, then the day, dinner and evening at leisure in Sorrento. This is a great opportunity to take advantage of an optional tour of the Amalfi Coast. Overnight at hotel.
Day 6 - WEDNESDAY -SORRENTO, MONTECASSINO &, ROMAN COUNTRYSIDE (Castelli Romani)
After breakfast, you¿ll head toward the Roman Countryside and the lovely small villages south of Rome (Castelli Romani). There¿s a stop at Montecassino, the largest WWII cemetery in Italy, containing over 4,200 grave markers, including those of 855 Canadian soldiers. 2014 marks the 75th anniversary of the beginning of World War II. Dinner & overnight at Hotel Villa Vecchia or similar.
Day 7 - THURSDAY - ROMAN COUNTRYSIDE (Castelli Romani)
A day amid the small villages known as Castelli, popular vacation spots for both Italians and visitors for the landscape, art, local cuisine and good wine! First Castelgandolfo and its palace (summer residence of the Pope), and Lake Albano and Lake Nemi. Next, Grottaferrata and a visit to the Abbey. Wineries follow with wine tastings accompanied by cheese and cold meats. Dinner & overnight at hotel.
Day 8 - FRIDAY - ROMAN COUNTRYSIDE TO ROME AIRPORT
After an early breakfast, transfer to Rome Fiumicino Airport for your return flight to Toronto if flying with ALBATours on Alitalia.
| AIR & TOUR PACKAGE - 9 DAYS/7 NIGHTS
Departure from Toronto to Rome on Thursday:
Apr 17, May 1, 15, 29, Jun 12, 26, Jul 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
Aug 7, 14, 21, 28, Sep 4, 11, 18, 25, Oct 2, 9, 16
SAVE $600 per couple - LIMITED TIME OFFER
|Departure from Toronto to Rome onThursday. Tour commences in Rome at your hotel on Sunday.
TOUR ONLY PACKAGE-8 DAYS/7 NIGHTS
Tour start date in Rome:
Apr 18, May 2, 16, 30, Jun 13, 27, Jul 4, 11, 18, 25
Aug 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, Sep 5, 12, 19, 26, Oct 3, 10, 17
|Tour commences in Rome at your hotel on Friday.
Please note: The discount does not apply to "Tour Only" package.
|The Air & Tour `from¿ price shown departs Apr 17, May 1, Oct 2, 9, 16, 2014 and the `to¿ price departs Jul 3-Aug 7, 2014. The Tour Only price applies to all dates shown. All rates shown are per person based on occupancy, reflect the lowest to highest price, and are a guideline only. BOOK NOW & DEDUCT THE SAVINGS: Deduct $300 per person for Air & Tour. Airfare is included from Toronto and valid for duration of your Air & Tour package, without surcharge. -->
AIR & TOUR PACKAGE
- Best and lowest return airfare from Toronto to Rome (Fiumicino Airport)
- Transfer from Rome Airport to your hotel upon arrival*
- Transfer from Roman Countryside to Rome Airport for departure*
- Plus, Tour Package detailed below
*These transfers included when flights are with ALBATours on Alitalia
TOUR ONLY PACKAGE
- 7 nights accommodation in a four star hotel (all rooms have private bath or shower, as well as 2 singles or 1 double bed)
- Touring by deluxe air-conditioned coach
- Transfer by private boat in Venice
- Continental breakfast daily
- Lunch in Capri (includes ¼ litre of wine
& ½ litre of water)
- One wine tasting with light lunch in
- Five 3-course dinners (includes ¼ litre
of wine & ½ litre of water)
- City tour of Rome on foot and by coach
- Guided tour of the Pompeii excavations on foot
- Visit the Isle of Capri by ferry, on foot and by funicular with the tour leader
- Services of professional English speaking escort (Days 1 ¿ 2 and Day 3 ¿ 8)
- Dedicated English-speaking local guides (Rome, Pompeii)
- Porterage of one piece of luggage per person at every hotel
- Hotel taxes, city tourist tax (where applicable), and service charges
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Items of a personal nature
- Entrance fees to museums, places of interest, optional excursions not specified in this itinerary and all other items not expressly mentioned
GRATUITIES NOT INCLUDED
- Tips to local guides, restaurant and hotel staff
- Tips to tour drivers, tour escort (suggested gratuities per person per day: Driver 3 Euros, Escort 3 Euros)